Questions and Answers
What side is up?
- The side with the NeaterBed™ label is placed on top of the mattress, the side with the tab and clips belong on the underneath side of the mattress.
What step is 1st? Slipping or Clipping?
- We recommend slipping the NeaterBed™™ sleeve onto the mattress first. It is easier to place and adjust without the weight of a comforter attached.
Can I put the NeaterBed™ on the mattress by myself?
- Twin - 1 person can easily place the NeaterBed™ Sleeve on the mattress.
- Full and Queen - 1 person can place the NeaterBed™ Sleeve on the mattress. You will need to walk back and forth a few times in order to get the NeaterBed™ Sleeve adjusted and in place. 2 people is quick and easier.
- King – 2 people are recommended to place the NeaterBed™ Sleeve on the mattress due to the size and weight of a King mattress.
Where do I place the NeaterBed™?
- The NeaterBed™ sleeve is placed directly onto the bare mattress.
Will the NeaterBed™ work with my bed?
- NeaterBed™ works with most bedframes, including platform beds, adjustable beds, sleigh beds, poster beds, bunk beds or classic box spring/mattress beds.
Will the clips hurt my bedding?
- The clips are “suspender clips” and are strong enough to hold the bedding in place but will not puncture the fabric.
How much fabric do I place in the clips?
- No need to overstuff the clip. Place the comforter/duvet seam and fabric into the clip and close.
Do I need special sheets?
- No, NeaterBed™ is compatible with normal bed linens.
What if the clips are showing?
- The sleeve should be placed about 4” from the bottom edge of the mattress. If the clips are showing gently lift the mattress and tug on the underneath sleeve to pull the clips out of view.
How do I install the NeaterBed™ if I have a footboard?
- When you slide the NeaterBed™ sleeve on to the mattress, your clips are now hidden because of the foot board. To access the clips, you will need to prop up the mattress in order to clip on your comforter or duvet. We find 1 laundry basket placed in-between mattress and bed frame on each side works great!
Will my feet and legs feel trapped?
- The NeaterBed™ device will not restrict your freedom of movement or confine your feet or legs. When getting into bed, just lift and shake your bedding so the comforter/duvet drapes off the end of the bed. You will notice your bedding feels “weightless” while resting on your feet. This is due to the fact the bedding is no longer being pulled by gravity to the floor.
Can I use a 2”-3” foam mattress topper?
- You can place the foam topper on top of your mattress with a NeaterBed™ sleeve already in place or you can place the NeaterBed™ sleeve around both the mattress and foam topper.
Can I use NeaterBed™ in my Dorm Room?
- Absolutely yes!! NeaterBed™ fits easily over any Twin/Twin XL dorm mattress including a 2”-3” foam mattress topper.
Can I wash the NeaterBed™?
- Yes, the NeaterBed™ can go in both the washer and dryer.
Can a young child become entangled in the NeaterBed™ device?
- Remember the NeaterBed™ is placed on the bare mattress and will most likely have a mattress pad and fitted sheet on top of it.
Do you guarantee a better night’s sleep?
- No, just a neater bed in the morning!